Welcome to #Occupy at Home!
Please spread the word and help link this page to other #Occupy movements. We, people who are unable to travel due to disability, illness, or other reasons, still have a great deal to offer the movement. We are very much part of the 99 percent. We are often invisible, but no longer.
What Can I Do From Home?
– Donate medical or first aid supplies, food, water, batteries, camping gear, warm clothes, money, books, or other resources needed by those who occupy.
– Spread the word using social networking sites and your phone. Tell your neighbors.
– Make phone calls to mayors, senators, representatives, police departments that support the needs of those who are occupying.
– SUPPORT THE GENERAL STRIKE ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2. Even those who cannot work can support the general strike. More info to come.
– Support efforts to make the #Occupy encampments and the information sharing more accessible to people with disabilities. Help educate those in the #Occupy movement about the need for wheelchair access, alternative print materials, sign language interpreters, fragrance- and smoke-free areas, and other forms of access.
More posts and updates. Please join us! Comment with links or posts you want to publish here. Subscribe/follow to keep up.
We’ve also just started a Facebook page: